Haha no, I’m from the good old USA. I’m just obsessed with Doctor Who, which is probably why. But I’m a born and raised ‘Merican. =)
We’ll start with that. See how it goes!
Thank you do much for taking the time to say that. I still believe the world has more good to offer than bad, but the bad stuff can so easily overwhelm the good. anyway tHank you again.
Every year I have to do or say something to “honor” her on Memorial Day. But this year I am away from absolutely anyone else who knew her, as well as most of my friends in general. So I’ll just vent here I guess.
Memorial Day 2007 an important person in my life was killed. More specifically, she was raped, murdered, and then her and her home were set on fire. The guy who did it is up for early parole this year. We tried defending it with a petition, spent about a week being called a cunt and listening to a few of the murderer’s friends lie and callously insult her and anyone who defended her. I spread the petition to deny his parole around and we got quite a lot of signatures in a few days. Due to…frustrating reasons that I will not talk about…that petition was thrown out.
I knew this girl my whole life, since before I can remember and it was just our parents telling us stories of shit we did. She told me things she never told anyone. She taught me things, protected me. She was a fucked up girl, definitely. But she was also amazing.
I guess, since it happened on a recognized holiday, that it makes it a little harder to not feel sad on this day in particular. I mean, you can’t ignore it as easily as you might if it was just some random day.
I’m also probably more bummed that I can’t go to my usual coping mechanism. I won’t be surrounded by my dearest friends today, grilling and drinking and laughing. I’ll likely go for several walks, and spend most of the day on the internet.
It’s gotten easier, definitely, year by year. But this time it stings a little bit more. I guess I am starting to feel the fact that he will be out of prison soon, and that’s likely amplifying the feelings I would normally be having.
Wilfred will be by your side,
You will always save his life.
Hold on now, not long to wait,
‘Til they bring back Gallifrey.
I’ll sing you to your sleep.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/c/chameleon_circuit/the_doctor_is_dying.html ]
The Timelords returning, the earth will be burning,
The last white point star is a trap for the Master.
The Doctor is dying, the Doctor is dying.
The Doctor is dying, the Doctor is dying.
I don’t want to go.
I don’t want to go.
Just one more thing before you fall,
You’ll be getting your reward.
Back in time for those you know,
Martha, Donna, Jack,
- 1: Let’s start with a tricky one; what is the real reason you are confused right now?
- 2: Do you ever get “good morning” texts from anyone?
- 3: If your significant other smoked pot, would you care?
- 4: Do you find it easy to trust others?
- 5: What were you doing at 11PM last night?
- 6: You’re drunk and lost walking down the road; who is with you?
- 7: What would you do if you found out you had been cheated on?
- 8: Are you close with your dad?
- 9: I bet you kissed someone last night, right?
- 10: What are you listening to?
- 11: You can only drink ONE liquid for the rest of your life - what is it?
- 12. Do you like hickeys?
- 13: What time do you go to bed?
- 14: Is there someone who continuously lets you down?
- 15: Can you text as quickly with one hand as you do both?
- 16: Do you always answer your texts?
- 17: Do you hate the person you fell the hardest for?
- 18: When was the last time you talked to one of your best friends?
- 19: Is there someone that makes you happy every time you see them?
- 20: What was your last thought before you went to bed last night?
- 21: Is anyone else in the room with you?
- 22: Do you believe what goes around comes around?
- 23: Were you happier four months ago than you are now?
- 24: Is there someone you wish you could fix things with?
- 25: In the past week, have you cried?
- 26: What colour is the shirt you are wearing?
- 27: Do people ever call you by your last name?
- 28: Is anyone ignoring you right now?
- 29: Do you have a best friend?
- 30: Would it be hard seeing someone else kiss the last person you kissed?
- 31: Who was your last call from?
- 32: Are you mad at anyone?
- 33: Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
- 34: How old will the last person you kissed be on his/her next birthday?
- 35: How many more days until your birthday?
- 36: Do you have any summer plans yet?
- 37: Do you have any good friends of the opposite sex?
- 38: Are you keeping anything from your best friend(s) now?
- 39: Do you have a secret that you’ve never told anyone?
- 40: Have you ever regretted kissing someone?
- 41: Do you think age matters in relationships?
- 42: Are you available?
- 43: How many people have you had real, strong feelings for since high school ended?
- 44: If you had to get a piercing (not ears), what would you get?
- 45: Do you believe exes can be friends?
- 46: Do you regret anything?
- 47: Honestly, what’s on your mind right now?
- 48: Did you ever lose a best friend?
- 49: Was your last kiss a mistake?
- 50: Why aren’t you pursuing the person you like?
- 51: Has the last person you kissed ever seen you cry?
- 52: Do you still talk with the person you LAST kissed?
- 53: What was the last thing you ate?
- 54: Did you get any compliments today?
- 55: Where are you going on your next vacation?
- 56: Do you own anything from other countries?
- 57: Are most of your friend guys or girls?
- 58: Where have you lived most of your life?
- 59: When was the last time you took a long drive?
- 60: Have you ever played Spin the Bottle?
- 61: Have you ever TPd someone’s house?
- 62: Who do you text the most?
- 63: What was the last movie you saw?
- 64: What’s preventing your current boyfriend/girlfriend from going back to their ex?
- 65: How many boyfriends/girlfriends did you have in 2010?
- 66: Is the last person you kissed younger than you?
- 67: Do you curse around your parents?
- 68: Are you happy with where you live?
- 69: Do you collect anything?
- 70: What’s your favourite colour?
- 71: Does the last song you listened to remind you of anyone?
- 72: Has anyone ever cheated on you?
- 73: What are your plans for tomorrow?
- 74: Do you have siblings over the age of twenty-one?
- 75: Does your last ex have a job?
- 76: What would you do if you found out your most recent ex was in a relationship?
- 77: Where is your cellphone?
- 78: What colour is your cellphone?
- 79: What did you dream of last night?
- 80: Are you atheist?
- 81: Will you change your name when you get married?
- 82: Are you ready for autumn weather?
- 83: Have you had any big storms recently?
- 84: What kind of bottoms are you wearing?
- I would like to do this. I'm in that kind of a mood tonight.
I really do apologize, it’s hard for me to understand your writing but I do want to help you. So, forgive me if I misunderstand your question.
Obviously, I don’t recommend using the Spoon Theory story to explain Lupus to your family. However, it is difficult to explain Lupus to those who don’t have an illness that is similar. A good way to help is to bring a family member (maybe your mother and your daughter?) into a doctors appointment with you. That way, not only will you have the support and knowledge of your doctor there with you, but they will see that your illness is legitimate.
Sometimes, our family members do not want to believe we have something serious because they are scared or worried for us…so they want to play it down or ignore it. Hearing the words from a medical professional might help drive it home.
I hope you have the support of your husband, but does your daughter live with you? I ask because, while it’s often difficult for our friends and family to see our illness, typically those that we live in close quarters with see our symptoms first hand. Has she never seen you on a bad day, during a flare up? She is probably the most important person besides your husband that should understand what you are going through.